Why Marcus Ortner?
Having launched myself into the real estate world in 2007, I have seen a lot of realtors and businesses come and go. I love this business, and want to be in it for a long time. I love the relationships I get to build with people every day as they chart new directions in life. I love when clients set Real Estate goals (selling, buying, or investing) and I can be part of assisting them to achieve their goals. I love advising people on pros and cons of properties. I love referrals and meeting new people. And to be fair, I don't really love the paperwork!
I realized that to do what I want; to build my business by referrals; I had to focus on relationships and not transactions. Have you ever felt you were just another transaction? I have and I didn't enjoy it.
In an industry that produces a commission it's very easy for a professional to focus on the transaction, rather than the people. I used to do business that way. Some things changed in my life and my focus definitely shifted. I learned that if you always give you will always have.
My philosophy is simple: focus on the client and build a relationship. Provide the best service that I can and offer a unique and memorable experience. The relationship does not end when the house is sold or the keys to the new home are handed off. In fact, many clients become friends.
I can never promise to sell a property but I can promise to work to the best of my ability and provide a refreshing real estate experience.
Being knowledgeable and informed on all the latest trends and information my clients expect me know, means that I am constantly learning. Whether it 's a course on negotiating or psychology, checking the real estate board listings after hours, or building relationships with other industries that can benefit my clients, I am dedicated to being among the best in my field.
I have been a consecutive Fraser Valley Medallion Member for the past few years as well as various RE/Max awards.
2007 - 12 sales - Executive Club
2008 - 25 sales - 100% Club
2009 - 52 sales - 100% Club
2010 - 48 sales - 100% Club
2011 - 60 sales - 100% Club
2012 - 55 sales - Top 1% of Fraser Valley (#23 of 2835 Realtors)
- #2 at RE/Max Little Oak Realty (Top 10 Award)
- Platinum Club
- Medallion Club
- Nominated for Business Services Excellence in Abbotsford
2013 - 52 Sales - #22 in Fraser Valley of 2765 Realtors
- Top 1% Realtor in Fraser Valley
- #1 RE/Max Little Oak Realty Realtor (Top 10 Award)
- Platinum Club
- Medallion Club
- RE/Max Hall of Fame Award
- Nominated onto the Board of Abbotsford Downtown Business Association
- Nominated for a 2013 Business Services Excellence Award in Abbotsford
2014 - 62 Sales - Top 1% of Fraser Valley
- #16 out of 2751 Realtors in Fraser Valley
- #2 individual Agent in Abbotsford
- Opened Vybe Realty
2015 - 61 Sales - Top 1.5% of Fraser Valley
- #34 of 2934 Realtors in Fraser Valley
- #4 individual Agent in Abbotsford
- Had our first child!
2016 - 91 Sales - Top 0.5%-1% of Fraser Valley
- #14 of 3250 Real Estate Agents in Fraser Valley
- Honesty - You deserve a skilled professional to walk through a house and point out any problems they see and give you a fair assessment of the home's value. I will tell you exactly what I think; good or bad.
- Relationships - Buying and selling a home is not an easy thing to do. My business is my brand and my brand grows with my reputation. I do not believe in spending thousands of dollars on self promotion. I focus on great service and earning the referral. To this day, I am still connected with many former clients who are now close friends.
- Community - Giving back to the community is an important element of my business and one I take very seriously. You can read more about how I am involved in the community here.